September 24, 2007
IE7 Prototype.js and Scriptaculous Error
So what exactly does "the object does not support this property" mean anyway?
Anyway, the page worked perfectly under firefox, but it broke in a very strange way under IE. The page worked fine right until i needed to add a newly created link. What was really odd is scriptaculous function calls to toggle control behavior became broken with "the object does not support this property" error. The calls worked fine right before the html was created for the link.
I messed with it for a while and even tried the MS Script debugger (usable but a little clunky) and debugbar (lots of eye candy, but not really usable) but ended up using the old standby: commenting out code and adding alert() calls.
At any rate this has fixed the IE problem and now function is the same for both browsers. I'm just letting people know what I ran into to perhaps save somebody hours of poking around. I found very little useful help online.